Thursday, September 17, 2009

Microteaching - How to throw a football

Throwing a football Lesson Plan

1) BRIDGE:

One of my big passions is football. I love watching it, but I love playing it more. Whenever I say I love to play football, a lot of the response I get is “I don’t know how to throw a football”. Who here would say that? Now physically, you can throw a football, but my guess is when you say that, you mean throw it with a spiral and make it look good. That’s what I plan to teach you today.

2) Teaching OBJECTIVES:

-Being able to ask questions that allows me to figure out the students’ understanding

3) Learning OBJECTIVES:

-Learn how to grip the football

-Arm motion (semicircle)

-body movement (leaning forward to get power)

-finger movement (to get a spiral)

-release point (dependent on how high you want your ball to go)


4) PRETEST:

-“who has thrown a football before”

-“who has thrown any ball before one handed, say dodgeball?”

-connect it with throwing point, arm motion and body movement

5) PARTICIPATORY Activity Ideas:

-start with ball grip

-then just arm motion

-work up to whole body motion

-actually get them to throw in pairs (if there’s enough room and appropriate setting)

6) POST-TEST:

-See how students threw

-Ask if there are any difficulties

-check if there’s something the majority is not doing


7) SUMMARY or conclusion:

Since we’re in a confined space, we’re not able to throw as freely as we want. But having the basics of throwing, you can now start working on throwing at moving targets, working on accuracy as well as throwing further.

No comments:

Post a Comment